Several T is for Training Usual Suspects now writing for the ALA Learning Round Table
ALA Learning Round Table Chooses New Name, Retains Mission
The name may be changing, but the mission of the “Learning Round Table of ALA” remains the same. The American Library Association’s round table dedicated to quality continuing education for library workers has changed its name from CLENERT to LearnRT.
Under its new name:
- LearnRT will continue to promote quality continuing education for all library personnel, helping you network with other continuing education providers for the exchange of ideas, concerns and solutions.
- LearnRT will serve as your source for continuing education assistance, publications, materials, training and activities.
- LearnRT is your advocate for quality library continuing education at both the local and national levels.
In addition to the name change the Round Table is sponsoring a new blog/website, “ALA Learning” (http://alalearning.org), which will feature training and learning news, information, best practices and thoughtful discussion from leading trainers and staff development practitioners in the library field.
Contributing authors include:
- Peter Bromberg (T is for Training Usual Suspect)
- Maurice Coleman (T is for Training Usual Suspect)
- Betha Gutsche
- Marianne Lenox (T is for Training Usual Suspect)
- Bobbi Newman (T is for Training Usual Suspect)
- Lori Reed (T is for Training Usual Suspect)
- Paul Signorelli (T is for Training Usual Suspect)
- Jay Turner
- Stephanie Zimmerman (T is for Training Usual Suspect)
Membership in LearnRT is only $20, in addition to ALA membership dues. Among the many membership benefits, LearnRT members enjoy, through a unique agreement with the American Management Association, the following valuable AMA benefits: Preferred pricing on all AMA seminars-least a 10-percent discount. Unlimited access to AMA’s Members-only Web site – an ever-growing library of both timely and timeless information on practical issues of management. Access to case studies, how-to articles, trend pieces, best practices, profiles of leading executives and companies, best-selling book excerpts, author interviews and recent research results. Interactive self-assessments that reflect the abilities and knowledge of today’s high-value managers. Exclusive discounts and special offers on AMA products and services. Thirty-percent discounts on “Last-Minute Seats” at numerous selected AMA seminars announced each month.
To become a member of ALA’s Learning Round Table complete the ALA membership application: http://www.ala.org/ala/membership/joinrejoinrenewadd/default.cfm.
(Please note that we may be listed as either CLENERT or LearnRT in various places until the name change has fully circulated throughout ALA.)
For more information about LearnRT contact Pat Carterette, president of LearnRT, by e-mail at pcarterette “at” georgialibraries.org.
For more information about ALALearning.org contact Lori Reed, managing editor, by email at webmaster “at” alalearning.org.