T is for Training 179: My job is to help you not implode
On the call were Maurice Coleman , Paul Signorelli, Courtney Young,Jill Hurst-Wahl and mystery guest 5 from the Buffalo, NY area. The topic was the Padagogy Wheel. What is the Padagogy Wheel? According Allan Carrington:
The Padagogy Wheel was born out of a desire to help teachers at the coalface of teaching. I wanted a model that could be applied to everything from curriculum planning, development, writing learning objectives and designing student centered activities. Then quickly help teachers access relevant educational technology e.g. individual iPad apps or sequences of apps, to enhance those activities. Finally to help teachers use that technology to redefine activities to include tasks previously inconceivable. I believe this will increase student engagement, improve learning outcomes and empower a student towards transforming into an excellent graduate.
We also talked about using student use in the classroom.
You can listen to the recording here.
- Interactive Padagogy Wheel
- Using The Padagogy Wheel: It’s All About Grey-matter Grids (GGs)
- Padagogy Wheel poster
- The Substitution Augmentation Modification Redefinition Model
- Technology in the Classroom
- 7-minute video about the SAMR (Substitution Augmentation Modification Redefinition) model