Question: Have you rated the T is for Training podcast on whatever site or app you use to listen to it? If not, please do it! T is for Training is coming up on its 10th anniversary and currently we do not have enough ratings so that the ratings display. Thanks! (Maurice announced that “Rate the Show” is this year’s T is for Training ongoing theme!)
Now that you’ve done that…
On the call were Jonathan Nalder (@JNXYZ) from Australia, Paul Signorelli, Andrea Snyder, Jill Hurst-Wahl, and Maurice Coleman. Jonathan started an organization called Future-U, which is a community where conversations about the future of education can occur. What are the big picture skills which people will need? From Future-U:
Why do students start school with a creativity rating of 100% but finish with 12%, especially when its been identified as one of THE key future skills?
The Future-U web site talks about five literacies:
- Thinking Skills
- Project Delivery
The discussion was focused and lively as we talked about the five literacies, and provided good fodder for ongoing conversations on this topic.
You can hear the entire show on the TalkShoe web site, as well as through iTunes and other podcast sites.
- NMC17: Joining the Edunauts
- First on Mars – immersive, evidence-backed training experience
- Image of the future literacies with some details
- George Couros – who speaks/writes on learning and teaching
- FUTURE-U.org Community
- 8 Characteristics of the “Innovator’s Mindset”
- The history of Pyrex (Jill has mentioned more than once the innovation of using Pyrex for cooking. Quoting Wikipedia, “Jesse Littleton of Corning discovered the cooking potential of borosilicate glass by giving his wife a casserole dish made from a cut-down Nonex battery jar.”
One thought on “T is for Training 219 : Mars is a Trojan Horse”