On today’s call were Diane Huckabay, Jill Hurst-Wahl, and Paul Signorelli. Our topic was project-based learning. We generated a number of ideas, including:
- Have a clear goal for the project-based learning activity.
- Help the learners understand their own dispositions.
- Have someone external to the team act as a facilitator or support.
- Have learners share how they work on projects (e.g., last minute, face-to-face, collaboration tools).
- Help teammates understand how to support each other and provide feedback to each other. Make sure they don’t do each other’s work.
And more if you listen to the entire show. There is also a minor rant, but we’ll let you discover that on your own.
- The Six Must-Have Elements Of High Quality Project-Based Learning
- A Framework for High Quality Project-Based Learning
- Six Thinking Hats by Edward de Bono
Our next T is for Training will be on April 13, in four weeks! We will not record on March 30.
A Brief T is for Training History: The first T is for Training occurred on Sept 12, 2008. (Sadly, it looks like TalkShoe doesn’t have those early episode available for your listening pleasure.) Since then, we’ve recorded new episodes every two weeks, with a few skipped weeks due to holidays, and have even done several live sessions, which meant that participants were actually in the room together at some library conference. Maurice, our Bald Geek in Maryland, also did some interviews and published them as episodes. So perhaps there have been more than 222 to date, but whose counting! We have had a long list of participants and most of them appear in the column on the right side of this site. Most have been from the U.S., but others have been from other countries, including South Africa and Australia. Episodes are available through your favorite podcast service (e.g., iTunes) and on the Talkshoe web site.
If you have been on T in the past, please consider stopping by as we work our way towards our 10th anniversary! And be sure to to listen to today’s show.