If it’s ain’t you, it’s diversity. – Maurice Coleman
On the call were Paul Signorelli, Jill Hurst-Wahl, and Maurice Coleman. We decided to focus on fostering cultural competencies through training and quickly moved to talking about diversity, inclusion, as well as being culturally competent. We told some wonderful stories to help make our points and there was even some laughter. Give the show a listen and leave a comment with resources you want to share or thoughts on this topic.
- TRANS 101: Gender Diversity and Transgender Inclusivity in Libraries – Resources by Kalani Adolpho
- Ten Essential Issues in Workplace Diversity Training (at the bottom of the site’s homepage)
- Workplace Cultural Competence – 7 Essentials
- Ramadan Kareem! Here’s What You Need To Know About The Holy Month (there is a wonderful handout embedded in this)
- B.J. Patin. Pushing Boundaries: Reforming the Digital Youth Agenda through Cultural Competence with Eliza T. Dresang. Nordisk Tidsskrift for Informationsvidenskab og Kulturformidling 4 (2), 11-20 2015.
- E.T. Dresang, B. Patin, B. Kotrla. Cultivating Cultural Competence: Context, Culture, and Technology of a Global Reading Challenge. iConference 2014 Proceedings.
The blog editor (Jill) has not been using the correct show numbers for about five episodes. She finally figure that out and corrected them!