Some notes from the @ATD State of the Association Conference briefing featuring @tonybingham ATD President & CEO, Charles Fred, Current ATD Board Chair and Rose Velez-Smith Board Chair-Elect.
NB: The bullet points below are a collection of the tweets sent from the press briefing this morning. All quotes are from one of the three participants. I apologize for not being able to properly attribute each quote to one of the three speakers, but I thought it was more important to capture the essence of the quick moving conversation. Thank you for understanding.
- State of the Association This looks like one of the largest ATD conferenceATD conferences ever.
- Different membership levels to reflect greater diversity in learning roles in organizations
- you want to hang onto the things that work but keep an eye on the new to move the association forward.
- The association focus is aligned with c level concerns about talent recruitment and retention.
- CPLP certification is an international certification mindful of the cultural similarities and uniqueness of different markets.
- We need to make sure that there is a culture of continual learning (like libraries!) that will help all talent adapt to future changes.
- Learning is not something is done to you. How do we get individuals to get proactive about learning and receptive to learning.
- Shift of organizations into learning organizations. (Libraries have been doing this for decades MD has learning libraries method of organizational thinking.)
- People come to ATD for career development. The Association has to continue to provide resources that support that goal here at the conference.
- How do the people that influence the business the most get a seat at the table? How do you draw others to the table?
- ATD worked for years to get @Oprah to come to ATD. Demonstrates persistence, generosity, low ego and relatability. And she is one of the most influential people in the world. How do you NOT learn from her.
- ATD continues to create new channels of content with a new person at the association and taking a look at the content segmentation structure and see how we can drive more people to more relevant to them content.
- ATD is taking a deep dive into the UX and ATD’s current content organization. They have hired someone at the association that will focus on this specific area of member support.
- Was the increase in conference attendance this year and last year because of the speakers?… Pres. Obama and Oprah Having them speak at ATD put the stamp of approval to the conference to those who don’t know about ATD
- ATD continues to protect organization neutrality even though a few thought that Pres Obama and Oprah were more political choices not leadership choices for speakers.
- ATD continues to work on increasing the international representation at the highest levels of the association. Being mindful of the logistics, how to keep the international perspective on the association’s radar.
2 thoughts on “T is for Training @ #ATD2019 Tuesday’s Just As Bad 1 – State of the Association Briefing”