Maurice Coleman and Jill Hurst-Wahl met in Talkshoe on a Friday night at 9 p.m. ET to do a show. Yes, we’re recording now in the evenings, although perhaps not this late (unless it works well for people). Maurice and Jill primarily talked about the ALA Annual Conference, which was held June 21-24 in Washington, DC. Amazingly, Jill has added dozens of library-related conferences, but this was her first full-fledged ALA conference!
We talked about specific ALA sessions, pros and cons of the conference, the exhibit hall, and some conference advice.
Given that we are now recording in the evening – and it is summer – we’re not on a new schedule yet. Maurice intends to host a show during the week of August 12. Watch for an announcement of when that will occur.
Resources (a.k.a. Jill’s blog posts):
- #ALAac19 : I went, I saw, and I was overwhelmed!
- #ALAac19 : Yes, copyright sessions!
- #ALAac19 : How to Hug a Porcupine: Relationship Building with Lawmakers and Why It’s Important
- #ALAac19 : Digitization
- #ALAac19 : Privacy and legal issues
- #ALAac19 : Bias, microaggressions, diversity, and inclusion (added 7/20/2019)