It’s no surprise to any of us that we have had to question a lot of our assumptions over the past few months; and it’s even less surprising that reversing our assumptions and taking actions or working under conditions that are the opposite of what we are used to doing has produced some positive results. What’s are opposites?
The opposite -With this technique, you consider the exact opposite of what you would normally think or do. For example, libraries are considered safe places. What is the opposite of being a safe place and what ideas does that generate? This can lead to some wild stuff and also some very interesting ideas that would be worth investigating.
- Hurst-Wahl, J. (2015) LARC: Creating Sparks that Light Our Profession.
- Hurst-Wahl, J. (2007) <Brainstorming: Getting that second & third opinion.
- Hurst-Wahl, J. (2016) CILDC: Enabling Innovation.
- Hurst-Wahl, J. (2012) #RSQ12: Josh Linkner.
- Signorelli, P. (2020) Adapting to Change, Loss, and Possibilities: Training, Learning, and Reversing Assumptions.
- Haymes, T. (2020) Learning and Innovation Tools in a Time of Crisis.