On tonight’s call was Maurice Coleman, Tom Haymes, Paul Signorelli, Jill Hurst-Wahl, and Andrea Snyder. We used the ShapingEDU toolkit for creating collaborative events as a springboard for our conversation. Our examples ranged from virtual classrooms, online conferences, and online live events.
One interesting thought: The virtual environment exposes the problems that occur in the in-person environment.
Be sure to listen to tonight’s episode then join us on Dec. 5 for the next T is for Training.
- Knowmium. Radical Toolkit.
- ShapingEDU. (2020) ShapingED-YOU! Event Toolkit.
- Paul Signorelli. (2020) Adapting to Change, Loss, and Possibilities: Virtual Collaborative Learning (and Doing) With ShapingEDU.
- Purdue University. Toulmin Argument.
- Open University. What is was mentioned is not what they are doing now, but how they did online education in the 1970s. Old school can still work. Check YouTube for older BBC videos.
- Peer to Peer University.
By the way, Tom Haymes has two books in the works, which we will note once they are closed to publication. Paul Signorelli’s book Change the World Using Social Media will be published in December.