On this first episode of 2022, we had Jared Bendis, Jill Hurst-Wahl, Diane Huckabay, Paul Signorelli, and Maurice Coleman. This entire episode was Jared and Jill talking about U.S. copyright and education! They provided explanations, great examples, and occasionally dug into the weeds. It was glorious! What is missing from the recording are the visuals of the nodding heads as Jared and Jill agreed with each other, and the looks when they got into the details. Every educator, teacher or trainer should listen to this episode. You can listen to the episode on TalkShoe or wherever you listen to your podcast episodes.
Resources: (Updated on Jan. 14, 2022)
- U.S. Copyright Office. Copyright Basics (Circular 1)
- U.S. Copyright Office. Works Made for Hire (Circular 30)
- U.S. Copyright Office. Works Not Protected by Copyright (Circular 33)
- Cornell University Library. Copyright Term and the Public Domain
- Controlled Digital Lending
- Legal Information Institute. Orphan Works
This is from the NYS Committee on Open Government 2021 Annual Report. Amazing the places you can find copyright law mentioned!