On this episode, Paul Signorelli, Jill Hurst-Wahl, Tom Haymes, and Maurice started 2023 by sharing what one thing we changed in our teaching-training techniques in 2022. We talked about:
- Consciously making a training personal for those attending, so they are there for themself.
- Less images on PowerPoint (a constant struggle)
- Collective map making (Mapmaking as Sensemaking)
- Checklist (questionnaire) for making arrangements for training sessions
- Check-in with the client closer to the training date to ensure that the training scheduled is still what they need. Why? Because needs can change.
- Priya Parker, The Art of Gathering. (paid link)
- Start the training session with a story.
- In terms of storytelling, Tom shared this website he created to honor his father
- Help people be honest in evaluating your own situation
- Help people ask for help better
- Include storytelling in learning
- Creating an on-site writing course
- Make mapmaking an entire course
- Tom will be using Miro so students can create their own maps as they go through his course.
- Updating copyright course and incorporate new ways of teaching the information
You can listen to the entire episode on TalkShoe and in other places where podcasts are served.