Mike Taylor, Maurice Coleman, Jill Hurst-Wahl, Andrea Snyder, Henry Mensch, Jay Turner, and Paul Signorelli. were today’s show. This was Mike’s first T is for Training! We talked about how we apply learning after a conference, which was suggested by Paul based on a recent blog post. We talked about a number of things, which this list of questions captures:
- How do we synthesize what we learn at an event?
- How do we share what we have learned? What is our sharing process?
- How do we make connections between those that we met at one event with people at another?
- Can you create time after the event, and before heading back to work, to synthesize your learning?
- If you go to several conferences in a row, do you see several themes popping up over-and-over again?
- How do we select which conferences to attend?
- How do we let our learning breathe?
Near the end, we got reflective and very meta! We hope you enjoying listening to this very lively episode.
Our next shows will be on May 25, then June 8. We will not have a show on June 22 due to the ALA Annual Conference.