T is for Training 167: Everything Old is New Again
Maurice Coleman and Jill Hurst-Wahl talked about the online tools they have used for face-to-face training. Those tools include:
- Google Doc for providing a list of resources that can be useful to participants during and after training. (And Google Sites if that still exists.)
- YouTube so people can see how to do something.
- Organization’s content management system or WordPress site.
- SlideShare for pointing handouts and slides.
- Evernote for sharing handouts, etc.
- URL shorteners.
- Bookmark sites (e.g., Diigo.com)
- http://www.appear.in – On the fly video chat. (BTW the show contains a suggestion for how we can use this in December. Listen for it!)
- http://www.dragontape.com – For merging videos together and editing them.
- http://fotofriend.com/video-booth – For creating funky looking videos.
- http://www.vialogues.com – For creating a video and then having a dialogue around that video. We talk about this being useful for customer service or reference scenarios.
You can listen to the recording here.